If your car fails to start because it requires a battery recharge or a new car battery, Mesa AZ is home to an auto shop you can count on. Accurate Automotive has developed a reputation for reliable service and sound advice, and it is pleased to provide the following instructions on how to deal with a problematic battery. To begin with, car batteries are designed to last for a minimum of five years. If your battery is giving you problems within five years of purchasing it, it could be from any number of factors. For instance, any of the following can decrease the life of your car’s battery:
· Leaving your car idling for too long.
· Leaving the lights or radio on in your car after the engine is turned off.
· Poor automobile maintenance.
· Rusty or deteriorated battery posts or battery cables.
Making sure that none of these things happen can help add to the life of your car’s battery. But if your battery is presently giving you problems, then the window of prevention has closed and it is now time to think about remedying your problem. A dead battery does not always mean that you will have to replace your battery for good – it is possible to charge your battery and prevent having to replace it. However, if your battery continues to run out of power, then it is probably time to replace it with a new one. If this is the case, then Accurate Automotive is your source for quality batteries and superb service.
Before you can ever get your automobile into Accurate Automotive, you will need to understand just how to recharge your battery so that you can drive it in. The following instructions depict the process of recharging a battery:
· Open the hood and check to make sure all cables are securely fastened to the battery.
· Clean the cables and posts with a wire brush.
· Position a second car, with a charged battery, next to the car with the battery that needs recharged.
· With the ignitions to both cars turned to the off position, attach the one of the red ends of the jumper cables to the positive post on each car.
· Attach one of the black ends of the cables to the negative post on each car.
· Turn on the car you are using to provide the charge and rev its engine.
· After a couple of minutes, try to start the car with the dead battery.
· Allow the two cars to run with the cables connected for at least 10 minutes.
· Remove the cables from the batteries, beginning with the black cables from the negative posts, being careful not to touch the ends of the cables to one another.
· Keep the car with the problematic battery running to allow enough time for the battery to regain enough charge to start again on its own.
After recharging a battery, it is best to drive it immediately thereafter, without ever turning off the car. If you plan on replacing the battery, or believe that the battery will not retain its charge, it is best to drive the car straight to Accurate Automotive so you do not risk having to charge it again later. The technicians at Accurate Automotive can check your car to make sure that it is only the battery that requires attention. Just remember that if you need a battery recharge, Mesa AZ’s Accurate Automotive is the place to go for advice and service.